Well, I did the math tonight (yes I'm one of those dorks) and I have officially lost over 12% of my body weight since I started this journey. I looked back at the pic from when Nikki first got ahold of me on December 17th and I think WOW! It literally takes a pic to remind me of where I was. My coworkers today were pulling up ALL of the staff pics of me bigger and re-living those moments! It's funny to me. I do have to admit though that the majority of this has not been physically difficult, rather it's been mental! Now, that does not mean that I got to sit on my butt eating bon-bons while chanting "I'm skinny...I'm skinny..." I've had to change my eating habits and I've had to change up what I thought was exercise. I have to admit, for the most part I like what I'm doing. But there are days....like today....when I wanted a piece of coconut cake from Ben's birthday lunch. Or, I wanted a cupcake for my son's birthday today at dinner. But I sat back, evaluated...#1 today is my off day and I'm doing nothing to burn this off #2 If my metabolism is kicking into gear and I'm burning and then I just jolt it with an overload of sugar how bad am I going to jack it up and set myself back? #3 if 1 piece of pizza and garlic sauce caused me to hold literally 2.4+ pounds of fluid....is it REALLY worth it?? Nope. So, instead I ate 2 EXTRA apple wedges....I know...I know....sinful! ;)
Now, it's quite possible that I am mis-interpreting the scripture on the left with the pic, but I got to thinking that there's nothing I face on a daily basis to tempt me other than what is common to man. Does this mean that when Christ himself was here on Earth, not only did He face what was "common" to man, but he faced the things that AREN'T common to man?? His temptations were far more difficult than anything we could've ever faced on an "earthly" level?
Hebrews 4:15 says:
"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin."
Then 1 Cor 10:13 goes on to say:
" No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."
When I read this I hear Nikki saying to me "You've got this" and knowing her faith and belief in God I know that she knows what lies inside and when I don't have the strength....God's got this....for me!
Breakfast: smoothie, apples, strawberry and grapes
Snack: grapes and turkey
Lunch: turkey, carrots, hummus, cucumbers, potatoes, tomatoes
Snack: almonds, turkey, apples


No comments:
Post a Comment