Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 100 - Prayers and sleep

Well, I've made it to day 100!  That's pretty stinking AMAZING! If I were in school, I'd be wearing my "100 day" shirt! Instead, I'm in sweaty gym clothes laying beside a sweet little red-head who's sleeping and typing my blog. 

It's funny to see that the harder I try on things, the harder the journey becomes.  I know that Satan attacks most when we're doing what we're supposed to do!  So, apparently, I'm doing something right!  I'm doing my best to prevent little doubts from slipping in!  I start thinking "this is going to take me forever", "you did awesome this week, have something YOU want", "this can't be helpful to anyone else because you jack up all the time", "I'm not good enough to keep doing this" I could go on and on.....But, you know what - I recognize that these are all lies!  It's something I have to pray about in my daily walk, to KEEP my head up and keep marching forward! 

Even when we stand hammer in hand, He carries us!
It doesn't matter to Christ how messed up we are!
He already knows....you don't surprise Him!
When I pray (usually when I'm ready to go to bed) it seems I always get SO TIRED... I could be WIDE AWAKE when I sit down....I start talking to God and.....YAWN.... another lie I have believed is that God's gonna get upset with me for falling asleep while talking to him about all of my "junk"  Kinda like you come to me with this and then just tap out on me?  I had a friend tell me something that was SO enlightening, that I felt I HAVE to share it, because maybe it can "release" someone else from this lie.  Picture holding your child in your arms and you're talking to them and as you converse back and forth, your child falls peacefully sound asleep.  Do you get angry??  Absolutely not! You cherish that moment that you are able to hold them, love them and that they shared with you and felt so comfortable in your arms that they fell asleep.  Jesus is the same way....we ARE his children....I am His child!  When I fall asleep, he loves me the same and loves that I trust Him enough to fall fast asleep in His arms! WOW!

With that said, my food for the day is as follows:

Breakfast: smoothie
Snack: PB/Zeke and plum
Lunch: chicken (tasted weird so I ate an egg instead), tomato, potato,
Snack: 2 eggs, grapes and nuts
Dinner: 3 ounces of ham, salad

So, when Satan tries to feed you a line of crap....feed yourself on truth!  Just like physical food, there's stuff that's good for you....and stuff that is bad for you!  Focus on the good!  When you consume the physical and spiritual good foods, then you lose weight! Ready to drop that weight and that heavy burden?  Why not now?





No comments:

Post a Comment