Fitting title and fitting way to start my day. Funny how God works. The alarm began blaring at 7:15 this morning. Usually, my hubby would hit snooze at least 3-4 times but this morning we were both greeted with the most beautiful choir song I won't go back. This is how I feel about my journey. I refuse to go back to what I was. My new goal is growth, however, not in my clothes! This morning during Sunday school, we learned about the infiniteness of God. He is the God of our past, present and future. He controls all 3.
Then when I got into service today, I was listening to Pastor (not taking notes - b/c I forgot my pen) and I swear God was speaking to me in the service! It was almost like he came right down to the front row took me by the shoulders and said "hey, this is for you.....listen up - eh?" The first thing that really struck me was when Pastor said "The greatest enemy of tomorrow's success is today's success!" I felt like God was saying "hey, just because you do well one day doesn't mean you get a break the next." He calls us to give each day the same determination and commitment that we gave the day before. If we don't, then we grow comfortable and lax in what we are doing and what we're SUPPOSED to be doing! Then, he said "thank God he sees me for who I can be, not who I am." When I look into the mirror, there is an image that I see. The image on the outside is one glimpse of who I am as a person. However, it does not represent the thoughts I think, the actions I make, the heart of who I am and the passions or fears I contain inside. Anyone can be a certain person around other people, or can put on a face, but God knows! He knows my faults, failures, insecurities and even all out disobedience, but yet, he sees me for who I CAN be NOT who I am! WOW! In my human mind I see the way I process stuff. I think of how angry I get in this process, how jilted I feel, how discouraged I get, how disappointed I am with weigh-ins @ times, how much I complain.....I could go on and on! Just when I think I have handled all God had to say to me....Pastor said it's a process....like losing weight.....it doesn't just go away on it's own, you have to work for it. OK GOD....OK OK OK!! I GET IT!!!
I know you are probably thinking what does this have to do with a weight-loss blog and I will tell you that for me everything! I have allowed myself to get distracted and have lost my focus on SO many accounts! Time to regroup. I have also been fighting the ministry that I feel he is calling me to. Although I do not know what it is yet, I have been trying to convince Him....you got the wrong girl here! In His opinion.....apparently not.....because He is not relenting! So, considering He's stronger.....and is going to win regardless.....I surrender!
Breakfast: smoothie and grapefruit
Snack: PB on Zeke and plum
Lunch: hamburger meat and chicken and salad at Larry's B-ball banquet (no potato)
Snack: nuts and carrots and steak
Dinner: steak, green beans, salad with avocado and tomato
Well, looking forward to tomorrow. Have a great night all! :)

Brittany, this is so good!! God is our greatest encourager. You aren't only losing weight on the outside, you're losing weight on the inside. God just gave me a picture of His weight loss program. It begins on the inside and progresses to the outside. Gives me a whole new focus on "heavy laden". A lot of us are overweight in the Body of Christ. God always uses pictures to make a point with me...I guess it's my kindergarten mentality.
ReplyDeleteI could go on and on with the pictures I'm getting but I won't.
Thanks
Connie