Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 35 - Speak Life......

I first want to say that today has been a great day!   And I could not have run across a more appropriate image to include in today's blog than this "speak life".  I have to say that I have had many experiences lately that have spoken new life into me.  I'm feeling blessed to feel loved and cheered on.  Nothing about my life's journey has been "easy".  But regardless, I feel as if I can take a breath of fresh air.  Maybe it's a new perspective, maybe it's walking through the struggle of this journey or maybe it's the gentle whispers from God being spoken around me - giving me new life and new hope. 

Today I went into Mark's office first thing this morning and there it was - the candy dish filled with manna from heaven.  I can say honestly, that the only 2 things I noticed were Reese's and my all time favorite Heath bars.  Immediately my response was - I WANT ONE, but then it was almost as immediate of a response for me to think - It's not worth it.  I walked up front, told my co-workers and moved on into my office.  I actually felt good that I was able to overcome a temptation without full dwelling on it.  I ate my snacks and went along my usual tasks. 

I was running late from the moment I awakened this morning.  But that's ok, it made me jog into work, up the stairs and get the day going with a big ole' breath of fresh air.  Here is my food for today:
Breakfast: eggs and oatmeal with cinnamon and 1 pack of Splenda (yes I cheated - I forgot my blueberries AND honey)
Snack: turkey and sweet potato
Lunch: ribs
Snack: I missed this snack
Dinner: italian chicken and peas. 

I really have to "buckle down" on my meals - I was thrown by having a day that we work straight through, and well, the rest is history!  My workout tonight was amazing.  I felt good after leaving, after planks though, my arms felt like jello.  The muscles were still quivering when I left the gym!  AND - I was able to do 50 pounds on the leg extensions tonight.  It burned like fire, but I did it!

I received the absolute sweetest e-mail from a friend today.  She's so very encouraging to me and genuinely cares about me as a person with absolutely no alterior motives.  I can say that while I have an amazing church family, work family and family, the truth is the number of people who I am genuinely vulnerable with and close to can be counted on one hand.  I feel so blessed that God is speaking new life into me.....even in the whispers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment