Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 31 - Glad an entire month is done!

Me & Melissa today!
So fortunately, there isn't a month that extends 31 days, so I have officially done this for a month.  Somehow today felt like a better day!  Maybe it was because I got to skip the gym and basketball was cancelled due to the weather! *Isn't that horrible to say?*  I do not hate the gym, I hate that I've had to give up some of the stuff I do to go.  But, honestly, this entire journey has been about giving things up! 

This was day #2 of my past
31 day journey!
I am SO happy that I have friends that have gone through this with me, a hubby who loves me and a trainer who has not thrown in the towel with ALL of my complaining! Today it hit me HOW HORRIBLE I have been!  It also hit me that people with addictions to alcohol, drugs, cigarettes etc... go through the exact same emotions that I have experienced.  I feel bad for anyone who has to do that alone.  It's a very close subject to me....even though I have never really struggled with those things.  Never really clicked how "addicted to my own drug" I have been.  Here are some pics that have been taken over the last 2 years.  I will date them in the captions!



This was 3-13-10 at my first
Biggest Loser Audition @
Opry Mills Mall
 My food today has been:
Breakfast: Eggs and oats
Snack: sweet potato & turkey
Lunch: Meatloaf, rice, carrots and salad
Snack: PB on Zeke (I forgot my grapes @ home) :(
Dinner: Spinach salad w/ 3 oz of chicken taco meat and 2 tbsp of salsa

I have enjoyed a night off, but I look forward to getting back at it tomorrow.  I look forward to my workout on Saturday and the new changes that are coming.  I keep telling myself - to look up and look at this positively!  I am not doing this alone!  I have the best peeps ever and even when they're not around, God is always by my side.  He never said that it would be easy, He said I'd never do it alone.  I swear I need the following scriptures in a digital frame on my desk playing continually:

Isaiah 41:10  fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

1 Corinthians 10:13  No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

John 16:33  I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Zephaniah 3:17    The LORD your God is in your midst,   a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness;   he will quiet you by his love;  he will exult over you with loud singing.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18  So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,  as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

2 Timothy 1:7  for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.





No comments:

Post a Comment