Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 8 - A.T.E. = All Terrain Eating

I'm telling you today has been a ROLLER COASTER! I have been an emotional wreck and for anyone who encountered me today, let me say "I'm SORRY"!  I woke up this morning after my first workout and my body was SO sore.  That coupled with the fact that it took me until midnight to get to sleep, I think I was on muddy ground to begin with!

 I was getting kids dressed, wrapping presents for teachers trying to cook my breakfast, medicate Colton and get him on the bus (which he did NOT want to go today) etc...etc...etc... and then my oatmeal boiled over ALL OVER THE PLACE.....and the tears began! I've heard of crying over spilt milk, but spilt oatmeal?? OMG'sh! then I was upset trying to collect everything to get out of the house and I was crying again because I was running behind! OH MY! I got to work, no more than someone spoke to me....the tears started flowing AGAIN! Now, for those of you who KNOW me - I AM NOT A PERSON WHO CRIES!!!  I got it together, clocked in and went to work! I was teetering to say the least! I had a lot of encourage ment and kind words from my co-workers, and it made me feel a bit better, but I was also afraid they were trying to patronize me too. No more than I got back to my desk after staff meeting I had a mom call me at the office to tell me that she wanted me to know that she is proud of me and the steps I am taking and that she knows it's hard, but I am encouraging to her.  (Again....the waterworks began)  If you are reading this right now, you know who you are, however HIPPA prevents me from being able to say! Thank you for your call of encouragement!  Not too much longer after that I got a call of encouragement from Nikki telling me that this is all very normal, that my body is adjusting....also going into shock......hormones fluctuating and well....this is what happens during that process! UGH! I just hate others having to witness my physical weakness - I always "have it together"....well, mostly!  Anyway, not too much longer after that, something that was said, I took personally and got my feelings hurt, and it was a HUGE EXPLOSION OF EMOTION just pouring out! It was not pretty, nor was it approached appropriately, and for that, I'm sorry!  That's all of the detail I will cover on that.....those who witnessed....I AM SORRY!

Today was my first appointment with the diet clinic for my first measurements and weight check after starting the program.  The losses are as follows:

LAST WEEK WEIGHT: 227.0                 THIS WEEK WEIGHT: 222.0
BMI LAST WEEK: 41.5                           BMI THIS WEEK: 40.6
NATURAL WAIST: 43                             NATURAL WAIST: 42
WAIST @ NAVEL: 51                             WAIST @ NAVEL: 50
Hips @ ILLIAC:    54                               HIPS @ ILLIAC: 53.5
THIGHS: 24                                              THIGHS: 24

OK, so I lost 5 pounds and 2 & 1/2 inches total.  I guess I will keep trucking along! I took a pic to show this weeks progress, guess I will do a full-body one once a week!  OH and here is my food for the day too:
Breakfast: eggs & oatmeal
Snack: Cheerios, Crasins, Pistachios
Lunch: salad, deli meat, Carrots, 4 Roma tomatoes and 4 slices of cucumbers (I hated them today)
Snack: More deli meat- ham, pistachios and an orange
Dinner: Turkey Spaghetti sauce over brown rice

My workout was jumping jacks and Spiderman lunges & the arches of my feet were burning like FIRE! Anyway, I am going to post the pic and get to bed! Tomorrow is a new day! Oh, and just so you know I am participating in A.T.E = All Terrain Eating - my food comes from all walks of the garden....LOL! - Goodnight!

Week 2 - 5 lb loss & 2 & 1/2 inches total

3 comments: