Well, today was not as easy as I thought, I have to admit that I woke up hungry! I think there is a mental connect that when you decide to eat healthy and try to lose weight and NOT think about food all day, you end up actually thinking about it MORE! This morning I started with a protein shake - it was not very festive! Matter of fact it tasted like peach chalk! My snack was a little more than 1/2 cup of Cheerios. I have to admit though that the Cheerios got me through 3- 8 ounce bottles of water! My lunch consisted of 1/2 a bag of chips and a grilled chicken sandwhich. OK, I was STARVING!! My afternoon snack was Cheerios again (because I needed to drink more water) and some almonds - about 10. My dinner tonight will be 1 cup of Taco soup and that will conclude my day! However I thought I'd share a few pictures from today - and my associated thoughts! The pic to the left is what I look like now! For other overweight people, I know you will understand what I mean when I say "I look in the mirror and I am not this big - but a picture is worth a thousand pounds, or so it seems". This picture is disgusting to me!
To the right is the water bottle I have loved to HATE all day! Every time I finished a bottle, I marked an "X" just so it was a visual reminder! Ok, so somehow I got through 8 bottles today and managed to get by with a small sip of diet Dr. Pepper to curve the caffeine craving that was making my head POUND!!!
Finally, here is the Devil dessert that tempted me at lunch! I did not give in, but boy did I want to! Also, I was told I would feel better that I was able to overcome a temptation.....not so much..... apparently, I'm not there yet! :)
But, on a lighter note....BAHAHAHA - sorry, that was a bad pun, I have an amazing friend from school who is offering to help me with a diet plan, exercise plan and all of the stuff I have NO CLUE about! May I add she is a personal trainer AND a body builder and looks AMAZING!! I am so excited that God is going to bless me with this opportunity and I know is going to bless her for her efforts! So, it may still be slow......but here we go!!



Hi Brittany. I found your blog by way of Nikki. Just wanted to tell you that I too have recently started my own journey to get healthy. You can do it girl!
ReplyDeleteHi Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI to found your blog by Nikki. I have to lose weight to save my knees, which are bad. I am only 32 years old. You can do it!
i'm so excited for you! -your water partner.
ReplyDelete