Colossians 3:12-14 Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
Do you find it funny that in this scripture that it says the words "put on" twice, while listing out the characteristics of the things that we should "put on"? To me this scripture is saying that these are all things that don't come naturally to us. We have to choose to "put on" these behaviors. We have to choose to live out these characteristics in our lives and towards others. It says "as God's chosen ones" and I know that some would argue that somehow that gives them a loop-hole out. But I also remember another scripture that says "He is not willing that any should perish" 2 Peter 3:9 so that means to me we are all chosen to be His and will all be held to the same level of accountability.
I have people ask me how I've continued in this weight-loss journey....that they couldn't have come this far, they don't have that determination, will-power, etc.... Let me tell you....NEITHER DO I!! If you want to know the truth! The truth is simply that I wake each day and I CHOOSE to "PUT ON" the determination to move forward. Some days I make it through successfully and other days, I have to forgive myself for allowing myself to fail and I move forward. We can allow our failures to stop us before we ever get fully started or we can allow them to teach us the paths not to take and to start again from where we are and keep moving on! The other thing is that I have someone who is willing to "bear" my burden with me.
What do you need to "put on" to keep moving forward in YOUR situation? Maybe it's not a weight battle, but we all have a path to follow, and set-backs along the way. "PUT ON" your courage and keep moving! Find that someone that God has placed in your path and who can help and encourage you along the way!
Breakfast: cereal
Snack: yogurt
Lunch: taco soup
Snack: yogurt
Dinner: taco soup
No comments:
Post a Comment