Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 194 - She loved much

OK, so I read my devotional tonight and I have to admit, it was a chapter I'd rather have skipped over.  (truth is I needed it - but would rather have not read it)  Anyway, I decided not to take the Prednisone again until I talk to the doctor on Monday.  My back and shoulder are feeling a little better I was able to move it some today.  I got a nice burn from mowing the lawn and going with Larry to fix 2 air conditioners today.  (This past week has been BUSY BUSY with air conditioners breaking). 

Luke 7:37 When a woman who had lived a sinful life in that town learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, she brought an alabaster jar of perfume, 38 and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them. 39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”  40 Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to tell you.” “Tell me, teacher,” he said. 41 “Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he canceled the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?” 43 Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt canceled.” “You have judged correctly,” Jesus said. 44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45  You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little.”

Anyway....In reading tonight, I was taken to Luke. The story of the woman who washed Jesus's feet with her expensive perfume and dried them with her hair.  I have to admit that this is one of my absolute favorite stories in the Bible.  Of all of the miracles performed, the lessons taught....this is a story of compassion.  I love the fact that everyone "knows" her story and is ready to cast judgement! HELLO JESUS....since she's at your feet, you should probably want to know that she is a nasty sinner...good opportunity to kick her....or something?!? Right?!?   Maybe we could find a large pile of rocks to stone her with....HELLO?!? Is anyone else seeing the BIG FAT SINNER HERE??   I'm pretty sure that Jesus KNEW exactly who she was and what she had done.  Afterall, we all know how fast the "rumor-mill" spins!  Jesus simply addressed that this woman, who He didn't even personally know was showing more love than the people who have walked with Him daily and KNOW Him!  They both knew what Jesus was capable of doing, however, the debt of one was much more than she could ever face alone!  The simple act of laying it all at His feet, allowing Him to understand the pain of a sinful hurting heart without ever having to say one word.  The tears alone spoke of the brokenness that she carried.  The sacrifice of the expensive perfume....probably the most valuable thing she owned.  She kissed the most lowly part of His body....his feet and dried them with one of the most precious parts of her body....her hair.  Bowing at the feet of Jesus is one of the most humble and vulnerable places we can find ourselves...however, it's here in this place that when we lay it all out we will find He is ready to respond.  While I'm quite sure there are people in our lives that would rather point out our sins and hold us in that place....our sins.... though many..... can be forgiven.  I personally say "YOU can choose to live in my past, but I've moved forward from that place.....with grace and I LOVE MUCH because MUCH has been forgiven!"    

Breakfast: missed
Snack: missed
Lunch: lobster,  steak and veggies
Snack: missed
Dinner: porkchop and corn

No comments:

Post a Comment