Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 190 - I AM who HE says I AM!

I saw the following quote on Joyce Myers wall today and it really spoke to me and I wanted to break it apart a bit and show a few of the lies we believe! Underlined in this phrase are just 5 common lies that Satan will use to get us off track, take away our power and render you helpless and hopeless if you fall for it!

Fear always tells you what you’re not, what you don’t have, what you can’t do, and what you never will be.

For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.(Romans 8:15)

A child who is adopted cannot be un-adopted.  When we are grafted into Christ, there are certain promises that are given to us and that we can hold onto.  #1 In Romans it says "you have not received the spirit of fear again"  to me this states that once you belong to Christ, you don't HAVE to be afraid! He's got your back so to say! He's TAKEN that reason to fear FROM you.  He WILL NOT ask you to take it back again.  If you find yourself in that fearful place again....YOU ALLOWED yourself to be taken there!

#2 1 John 4:4 tells us "Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."  You ARE able to overcome anything that comes against you in this world if Christ is in you! Enable Christ to work in and through you.  He WILL NOT force you to see the power that He has placed in you, but He CAN enable you to use it if you will embrace it!  TRUTH is: YOU CAN OVERCOME!!

#3 John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life" Our society focuses so much on having "things".  Name to me LITERALLY ONE thing that when you die, YOU PHYSICALLY have the capability of taking with you.  NOTHING! There isn't one single thing that you have the ability to take - in other words to you it's now all completely worthless!  TRUTH: However, in Christ, you HAVE eternal life!

#4 Philippians 4:13 says "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" We've heard this over and over again, but do we ever embrace and empower ourselves to DO ALL THINGS?  Nope, when the going gets tough, we're gone!

#5 Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. Satan has NO athority to tell you WHAT you CAN be in Christ.  He doesn't hold the plan or answer for your life.  TRUTH: The cool thing is that if you're willing to ASK, Christ will blow your mind with the plans He has for you! Far better than anything you could ask or imagine!! 

The devil brings storms into your life to intimidate you. You glorify God when you continue to do what you know is right anyway.  It's not always the easy thing to do what's right.  But it's right.  God honors doing what is right.

God is love. It's not something He does; it's who He is.  Love in our "language" is an action.  Learn to Love (action) - LOVE (the person)!   God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 1 John 4:16 and we all KNOW that LOVE NEVER FAILS!! Full circle promise of God! Isn't that awesome?!?!?!

Breakfast: cereal
Snack: yogurt
Lunch: ham and salad
Snack: missed
Dinner: chicken, peas and corn

I have NO IDEA why I'm saying this tonight, but I feel I have to be obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment