Just because my world and surroundings are out of my control, doesn't mean that I have to be. The unfortunate thing is that most people don't even realize this. When they get happy - of course we celebrate by going to eat. When we're sad, we want to comfort eat - after all, the "south" is about "comfort food" and when we're stressed....well, that calls for a buffet! Right?....Wrong! When the world around us is out of control, the only thing that we may feel we have control over is a food choice. But this too is incorrect. We cannot control all of the circumstances around us, but we CAN control how we respond to them.
I read on Joyce Myers wall today that " Remember that if you make right choices, your emotions will eventually come in line with your decisions."
We don't always "feel" like pushing forward! It's not based on a "feeling" it's based on a conscious decision to keep going when we "feel" we can't! IDK HOW MANY times I've told Nikki....I just don't know if I can do this anymore. And may I add that I've always been told I can stop anytime I want, she encouraged me to keep going, but ultimately the choice had to be mine. She can want it for me, but she cannot DO it for me! I think there have been days that if given the opportunity she would have gladly carried my burden for me. That's what friends do. Unfortunately, she cannot, but what she could do is offer to walk beside me and to hold ME up when my burdens seemed too heavy for me to carry! Then there are times the only person you’re going to find on the narrow path is you and the Lord. If so, just keep going! HE too is able to carry you through this - better than anyone here on this Earth ever could!
Just keep going! When you feel weak, just keep going. When you feel alone, just keep going. When no one understands what you're going through, just keep going. You've GOT to JUST KEEP GOING!! I'm not just telling you this....I'm telling ME!
Breakfast: cereal
Snack: yogurt
Lunch: steak and peas
Snack: protein bar
Dinner: ham and potato
No comments:
Post a Comment