Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 187 - Life's not fair - suck it up!

We buy into the lie of it's not fair, for things to be witheld from us.  So we bite into the forbidden fruit and allow Satan to write "shame" across our heart. Once we taste the forbidden fruit, we will crave it worse than we did before. Given enough power, temptation will consume our thoughts, redirect our actions, and demand our worship.  It doesn't take kindly to being starved and then we begin telling ourselves this isn't fair, we've been SO good, or once won't hurt!  Satan dissipates this truth with a rationalization that "special times deserve special exceptions and anything else just isn't fair."

His grace is sufficient for you, and His strength is made perfect in your weakness.  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That's why for Christ's sake I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong! 2 Cor 12:9-10

Weakness does NOT have to mean defeat.

This is where my devotional took me tonight.  These are a few of the things that I can relate to.  I find it funny that when we're not making excuses for ourselves, we have "supporters" who are willing to make a picket line to excuse our behavior for us.  Accountability is what is needed, not excuses for why it's "ok" to move forward with our now excused behavior.  It's easy for other people to dismiss YOUR meal plan, because they're not following it....and quite honestly misery loves company.  You will often find that there aren't many people who are willing to TRULY walk this journey with you when the rubber meets the road.  As my Pastor calls it "lip service." 

I think on these things as I approach Father's Day tomorrow.  This is one of the holidays that I HATE!  I honestly don't have a relationship with my father and we'll leave that at that.  It would be easy for me to allow Satan to distract me tomorrow and throw me off.  That's why I'm going in with a "game-plan" of I will celebrate my heavenly father and the wonderful husband, father and man of God that I live with every day!

Breakfast: cereal
Snack: yogurt
Lunch: missed
Snack: missed
Dinner: chicken breast and corn

And if anyone reads this and feels compelled, please pray for my right shoulder to feel better quickly! :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment