These are some meaningful lines from my devotional tonight, and definately some things that I have thought at one time or another or that I struggle with daily!
"The journey will require you to make tough sacrifices, but I've come to look at this process as embracing healthy choices rather than denying myself.
Despiration breeds degredation. In other words when what is lacking in life goes from being an annoyance to an anxiety we run the risk of compromising in ways we never thought we would.
That's why we must have friends to help us remember that what we're really giving up in the short term will help us to get what we really want in the long term. If we forget to be self-controlled and alert, we are prime targets for Satan to usher us right away from the new standards we've set in our life. That's degredation.
Find a friend who can speak rationality to your irrational impulses. A friend who will hold you accountable, speak the truth in love and pray for you."
I'm choosing with a passion not to be degraded to a place of compromise. Even if it's a text message or a vague-book post I know that I have certain people who will recognize what it means and pray to help me stay accountable. For me the accountability and possibility of disappointing someone else is a much heavier burden for me to carry than an "I let myself down" thing.
Today was a hard day food-wise not because I had "poor" food choices surrounding me, but because I have cheated so much lately, that my body began to reacclimate to it. That's right in only a few short weeks a sneak here and there can completely sabotage your entire plan. I chewed at least 6 pieces of gum today. I almost had SEVERAL emotional melt-downs, but when I got home and ate dinner and went into the camper to workout, it was all ok. I'm so greatful to be back on the right track....and may I state that today it has led me to call out to Jesus a lot more than I have in an entire month!
Breakfast: cereal
Snack: yogurt, and apples
Lunch: salad, turkey bacon, carrots, edimame
Snack: EAS and PB
Dinner: meatloaf, greenbeans and 1/4 cup wild rice with peas, carrots and corn
No comments:
Post a Comment