Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 174 - Sunday

I didn't cheat today, but I swear Satan was rubbing EVERY temptation under my nose to get me to do so that's for sure. 

In the afternoon, my son had a bag of sour gummy worms from the store he asked me to open and my mind immediately said - "1 won't hurt" Ummm......I think not!  Then I opened the fridge to get out my EAS drink to head off to choir and the Triple chocolate fudge cake was staring me in the face.   Ummm....I don't even LIKE chocolate cake.....but I did at that moment.  So, I shut the fridge QUICKLY and got out some gum and was chewing it like mad crazy.  I swear I think I aggrivated my TMJ joint I was so vigorous with my chewing!  Then I got to home group and there was lots of stuff I couldn't have including Lauries banana whipped strawberry pudding something....and then in walked.....CARROT Cake cupcakes.  I could've fallen over on the floor. Dear Lord little 5 pound 6 ounce Little Baby Jesus HELP ME!!!!

I did forget to mention that on Saturday I went on a nice 35 min walk with Larry and Colton and I REALLY enjoyed our time together!  Even had a lady down the street stop us while we were walking and tell me that I was doing a great job and that she was proud of me. (sweet)

Breakfast: cereal
Snack: apples, yogurt
Lunch: grilled chicken, potatoes and green beans
Snack: EAS and nuts
Dinner: BBQ Chicken spinach salad with tomatoes and light sprinkle of lowfat cheese

Here's to another day!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooo proud of you not quitting and learning what are temptations. All too often we think of a temptation as revenge, anger, hatred, etc. But temptations are things that cause us to stumble, so they are a LOT more subtle, which is what the devil loves! You are such a great witness to how hard our journey on this Earth is, and how much victory in Jesus we HAVE! Love you sis! Laura Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet Laura! IDK if I'm a great witness, but I sure know that the truth coming out of the dark is what sets me free! Oft times, I find it hard to admit it - ESPECIALLY on a public forum, but it's encouragers, uplifters and sisters in the faith that keep me moving forward unafraid! <3 ya too!

    ReplyDelete