OK, so I've known that my knee has been "acting" jacked for a while now. I've tried OVER AND OVER again to figure out what I did to it. Well, today I went to see Dr. David Alexander @ TOA by Baptist only to find out that I have some kind of congenital knee defect in my left knee called "chondromalacia patellae with lateral riding patella" Also known as You are screwed and workout your upper body, but your lower body is destined to be FAT! Basically, your knee is supposed to ride right in the middle of the 2 little bones. Well, mine is totally out of whack and rides only on one side literally on top of the bone instead of in between. SO....options: #1 cut ligament and pull into place....physical therapy etc. #2 keep working out on it and let it rub bone on bone and need a knee replacement at some point. #3 wear this $228 knee brace that pushes my knee into the proper place and workout VERY GENTLY on it. Can you guess what option I chose?? And when I wear the stupid brace it's SO uncomfortable with my knee being where it's supposed to be!
Did a little research and found out that this is #1 common to women. #2 common with flat-footed people. (my left foot only is flat footed.....DON'T ASK!!) He was even able to tell me how I angle my feet to compensate for the discomfort. Basically my body tries to modify the exercise to accomodate my gimp!
Breakfast: oats
Snack: missed
Lunch: burger and corn,
Snack: Missed - made up with milkyway midnight, sweet tarts, a poptart, greek yogurt, this was therapy for my knee OH and yogurt covered almonds
Dinner: pork BBQ, corn and peas
Tomorrow is my weigh-in and I don't feel like there's going to be much of a decrease in fat! It may be quite the opposite because I've had to cheat some of my workouts this week. And I was bluffing my second snack on here to mess with Nikki. I really did miss it, but I didn't eat all of that crap....although, now it does seem like a good idea! JK Have a good night all!

No comments:
Post a Comment