So the message in church this morning was AWESOME!! When the guest speaker asked "what do you think God/Jesus would say to you if he were standing face to face with you?" Would it be "I'm upset with you?" or "I'm angry with you?" which is how most people respond when asked this question. His answer was "I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans for good and not destruction, to give you a hope and a future!" All the people in the Bible whom Jesus could have condemned and come down on - he showed mercy, love, compassion and forgiveness. The way the sermon began, I was thinking you know brother....you're about to lose me with this Jesus is angry and upset stuff. I have heard enough about how disappointed He is, and how much we hurt him etc...and how he sits at his proverbial computer just WAITING to hit the "smite" key! You know, there's not a thing I can do that surprises him. BEFORE we were in the womb... HE KNEW US....that means before we were ever even a THOUGHT.....He knew us, he knew what we'd do, how we'd respond, how we'd live...etc. He is NOT taken back by anything or anyone! And no matter what we have done, think about doing or will do will stop His unconditional love for us! I know that I hold myself under the microscope of my past and my failures when Jesus is saying I've washed those to the depths of the sea....never to be brought up again....in another words once He has forgiven them, and WE bring them up again, He has NO CLUE what we are talking about! He says "I don't remember that!" WOW! This is what I needed to hear today! I'll post the link as soon as it's up on the church site!Lunch: pork tenderloin chop, corn, red mashed garlic potato (OH MY)
Snack: Pork chop, strawberries and almonds
Dinner: bean sprouts, chicken, carrots dipped in hummus
I completely detailed my car tonight....and now I'm doing laundry and browsing Facebook. I'm about to start working on some personal journal stuff....not something that you just throw out in blog-ville! I think eventually it will be useful information, but at this point I'm just going to begin it as a random collection of thoughts and see where it goes from there. I'm just feeling a need to dial back for a while...

No comments:
Post a Comment