Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 102 - Jeepers....CREEPERS!!

OK, I have to admit that I was a little blown away that apparently 78 people wanted to see my fl-"abs".   I mean I know I'm laying it all out on the line, but I thought that just meant my hubby is one special man! Now either he has been on here MANY times today....or I have more creepers than I ever anticipated! LOL!

Anyway, I have been "off" all day today.  I have not "stayed put" in one place and so that has thrown off my ENTIRE schedule. 

This morning I went to work, cleaned the sterilizer and ate a snack....that went ALL WRONG.  My drawer at work looked like mother hubbard so, you will soon see the snack I threw together. 

Then I went to the gym....I began my workout....soon realizing that something was TOTALLY WRONG!  My muscles have been SO VERY SORE to physical touch and have felt very fatigued today.  I texted Nikki to let her know what was going on.  I continued to text who I THOUGHT was Nikki....(my phone glitched) and it turned out to be my hubby who was going to give me a break on my workout - LOL! Well, then I got to feeling guilty b/c I thought it would be interpreted as complaining, so I continued to push literally through the pain and tears....yes literal tears until I was finished.  I always have thought that the guys yelling and grunting while lifting weights were exaggerating.....well today I realized if they felt like my muscles felt today....then there was good cause!  I joined the grunt, scream and cry club today!

I talked with Nikki later and she explained to me that there is something called "DOMS" or Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness, and that's what I was experiencing.  That the muscles are actually in a breaking down stage to respond to what I've been doing to them this week, so they can actually rebuild stronger!  This is good and all, but for now, I have felt like I am falling apart!  When I was done I got in the tanning bed....someone had used one of those stupid oils that make you feel like FIRE....even though I cleaned the bed with the antibacterial wipes, apparently some of it got on me....I felt like I was getting acupuncture, I jumped out of that bed...got a cramp in my leg... 

After that, I stopped at the new Sam's Club in Hendersonville to see what it looks like....(BTW, it's very nice and booshie) LOL! Anyway, I went from there, home, to get kids off the bus, then met with my step-mom, went to Dollar General to grocery shop after she left, then it began raining, so my grilling plans were foiled and so we went out to eat!  Ummm....yeah! Remember Alexander's Terrible Horrible No-Good Very Bad Day?? One of THOSE days! Totally JACKED my meals!

Breakfast: protein shake
Snack: oatmeal with berries and 1 spoon of PB
Lunch: 3 ounces of ham
Snack: missed
Dinner: Shrimp and steak, salad, soup broth, veggies

I have GOT to get my head back in the game by tomorrow! No more screw-ups like this!  I know I'm not supposed to think ahead to tomorrow's workout....but I'm worried!

No comments:

Post a Comment