Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 73 - I've got this....I think??

You ever notice that we try to handle things on our own......for whatever reason?  Sometimes it may be because we are too stubborn to let anyone know we are too weak to handle something on our own, that we are afraid of what other people will think about us, or even that I've got this on my own and I just don't need anyones help!  Well, I am here to tell you that on all accounts YOU'RE WRONG! 

I have learned from my short 73 day journey that
#1 I do need my friends, my family and others around me cheering me on that I can do this!
#2 Does it really matter what other people think about us?? I mean really....does it??  I think that we fear the judgement of our friends, family, co-workers, acquaintances, etc, or even the rejection of "what if"they knew......(you fill in your blank) about your journey.
#3 I've got this....I don't need anyone's help....WRONG! This is an issue with pride., call it what you want, but I'm calling it like I see it.

Now, I have found that people view all 3 of these very differently, almost to the point of it being a contradiction!  Yes, we NEED each other, and yes, I said NEED!  We were not created to be islands unto ourselves!  We do need to have the strength within us to get through the battles we face, however, when we get weak....and I said when....NOT IF....then we will need those friends, family and other support people around to lift our heads, encourage us and give us that gentle yet firm nudge to keep going!  And Finally, it doesn't really matter what other people think! You cannot be in control of that....it's not something that you can own!  If someone does think something bad of you, then, it's time to let that person go!  We all have people in our lives for seasons.  Maybe the season is changing!  Step outside, take a deep breath and evaluate what season it is! But DO NOT stand around in disobedience!

I am very greatful to have some wonderful ladies in my life on whom I can depend!

Food: breakfast: Smoothie
Snack: PB, zeke and apples
Lunch: fruit, carrots, 3 ounces of turkey
Snack: missed
Dinner: 6 ounces chicken and peas

My workout tonight was cardio!  I decided to try to go all hard-core so I put the treadmill on 3mph, maintained speed AND did an incline of 10! 

Pray for my trainer who is sick to fully recover quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment