Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 48 - This is going great!

Well, today was a good day.  I have to admit - my fat calves have been hurting...I think it was the honking hill we were running up and down yesterday - or the squat arm pull things I was doing - either way it totally says SUCCESSFUL WORKOUT!! Let me cover my food for the day....

Breakfast: (during Sunday school may I add) Eggs and oats
Snack: Missed it trying to run from SS to service (yes I had it packed)
Lunch: ham and salad
Snack: Zeke & PB
Dinner: 4 ounces of fajita mix (chicken bell pepper and onions) and 1 tomato cut up on top  **More blog below pics**

Today I can say God was really reading my mail! Once again Sunday school and service spoke to me and kicked my rear! The funny thing is from Day 1, my trainers most popular phrase to me has been "you've got this!" Well, the name of todays message was "God's got this."  Well let me tell you...along this journey there have been several times I have thought to myself - there's NO WAY I can keep going.  But remember in our weakness He is made strong...so when I "don't got this" (Yes I know it's incorrect English) I know that "God's got this!"  Do you ever notice that you set out with the best of intentions and it always seems something is just waiting right around the corner to just WOP you upside the head? Maybe it's just me....But you get going and all of the sudden you are right back where you started and wondering how you got there...and beating yourself up for failing again!  Our hearts and our words say that we want to do one thing....but our will and our actions do another! Whew these verses in Romans 7:15-25 really got me today in Sunday School.  You know when I feel I "don't got this" the first thing I do is try to find someone to turn to.  Someone I can vent to. Someone who MAY be able to empathize with what I am going through or have the answers or a word of wisdom and guidance.  It's so easy to focus on what's in front of us...the unpassable mountains.  (Like the one I was literally climbing yesterday).  I have to say for me it's VERY EASY for me to focus on what other people think about me - or what I perceive that they think about me!  I have to say yesterday I was in a VERY vulnerable position when my trainer came and put her hands on my hips and stomach to feel if I was tightening my muscles properly....I could have CRAWLED UNDER THE BLACK MAT!  #1 this is what she does everyday and she probably thought nothing of it #2 Since she's a true friend she doesn't see me the way I perceive she does.  I am learning that I need to turn to God with these insecurities and these battles first! And then seek accountability in the friends whom I am surrounded by.  God truly does just want to tell me how much He loves me, and since I haven't been turning to Him....He has shown me GRACE and has spoken through other people! WOW! Amazing that He cares for me THAT MUCH!  And if you have been one of those people....Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment