OK, so today I had a patient tell me that something looked different about me....she wasn't sure what it was - I looked rested....or something. I had another mom call and tell me that she has been following my blog. I had another e-mail me that she has been reading my posts on Facebook, and wanted to know how I made it through the holidays without cheating! Grace told me that today I looked even smaller than yesterday. I have to say that I felt actually good about this, not in a prideful way, but it made me feel better because as I walked past an office with a glass door today I looked at my reflection and was thinking geez, I look huge! And if this is after 9.5 inches then....well.....what did I look like before?? When I started this journey, it's easy for me to admit that my mind still saw me as the same size I've always been. The same ME that I've always been. Although I looked different, my thoughts were the same, my emotions were the same and my behaviors were the same....I was just me! Now though, that I am focusing on being healthy, it's easy for me to consume myself with trying to be perfect at this and get smaller. Unfortunately, it's hard for some people to realize that regardless of what you look like on the outside, you are still a person on the inside! It's easy for people to judge without ever knowing the real person! Yes, I know that this is wrong, but unfortunately, you will find in our society that first impressions are everything, and your looks are the first thing people usually see! Anyway, here is my food for the day.
Breakfast: Oats and eggs
Snack: sweet potato and turkey
Lunch: carrots, chicken meatloaf and salad
Snack: PB & Zeke bread with grapes
Snack before basketball: orange
Dinner: corn, pork tenderloin and 5 fish oil capsules.
I was going to eat a salad, but after 2 a day for the past however long, I just could not bring myself to do it, so the capsules are my alternative. I am headed to bed now because 5 am comes early & my Bible study group meets @ 5:45! Hope everyone is having a blessed day and if you are thinking I want to give this healthy food change a shot - go for it! Today is as good of day as any other and tomorrow is not promised! Make the best of today! I've learned that I am stronger than I think, and it's ok to feel weak!

Great job, Brittany!!! Did this once when my cholesterol was out of wack. I bought the book "What Jesus Ate" by Dr. Don Colbert. I only ate vegetables and fruit for 6 months, then added meat and eventually was back to my old way of eating. I did it to get healthy but in the process, I lost 25lbs and never felt better in my life. I know, I need to do this again. It seems to be harder to get started this time......You are great motivation!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks...Connie
You are an inspiration...
ReplyDelete