Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 277 - There will be no white flag upon my door...

OK, so the rapture did not occur, I just haven't been blogging.  I've been SO BUSY with life and had SO MANY OVERWHELMING things going on lately, I just felt I had nothing left to say.  Just found out today that for the past 2 & 1/2 weeks my son has been fighting off viral menengitis.  IDK about you, but that word alone SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME! However, the VIRAL kind is NOT contagious!  Unfortunately, the doctor at Centennial said that we can expect for him to feel pretty dog-gone crappy for about another 2 weeks or so.  He also said that he thinks that he needs to follow-up with his neurologist in a couple of weeks to make sure that Colton is not having seizures in his sleep (he has a LOT of strange twitches), but he wants him to be feeling better before we do any EEG b/c otherwise our results could be skewed simply b/c his body is fighting SO HARD to get better right now.  Basically the only thing we can do is to keep him drinking and on Motrin every 6 hours while he's awake!  He was SUCH a trooper today.

I personally have been going through some emotional battles with this whole weight-loss thing.  I get my head back on straight and then realize....I'm all alone in this thing.  LITERALLY! Flying solo now, and quite honestly, I don't like it. Guess it's my wilderness season....there's got to be a lesson here somewhere. 

Well, so no, there was nothing about what I ate today.....doesn't really matter. I've lost 1.2 pounds this week.  That's good enough. Have a great night and weekend.  I think I really need a vacation and a plan....

No comments:

Post a Comment