Tuesday, May 22, 2012

162 - Life or Death?

Well, today was a better day! I will have to say that the best thing to do when you are having a bad day is to communicate it to the people closest to you! They're the ones who are always there to pick up the pieces or carry the burden! Truth has no agenda....but it DOES have the capability of setting you free from what holds you captive!

I want to make very clear that I'm NOT doing this "journey" to impress anyone.  period! This journey was began because let's face it, I was "morbidly obese". I'm gonna break it down and be a bit candid here.

When I started with Nikki in December, I was officially 227 pounds even. According to the chart to the right (which may I add for my height of 5'2" only goes to 215 pounds) If I did the math correctly, I was 41% body fat!  This may not seem like a large number, or you may say well, hey, that was then, but look at you now.   Well, sure, that's nice and all, but according to the chart, even though I've lost quite a bit, I am still "obese".  This is not based on looks....this is based on the cold-hard facts and data about a human body and what it can "take" and still remain healthy! 
I can say that I HAVE experienced the health issues associated with obesity.  This IS about my health.  Anyone who knows me KNOWS that I do not dress to impress, I don't wear make-up and if I'm not going to work, then I don't fix my heair either!  I'm not about looks! I try not to judge other people by their looks, I look to the heart and the intentions! If my appearance changes while my health improves, then WOW, what an added benefit!  Now can I say that I have been hurt by the things that people have said about my weight? I'd be lying if I said no! But, that is not my motivation!

Above, is a chart of many of the health risks women face due to obesity.  I can tell you that personally, I have dealt with: cancer cells, pre-diabetes, high blood pressure, abnormal cycles, PCOS, diverticulitis, headaches, muscle issues and more! And someone would question is this about my health?  Considering I have a family history of heart disease, diabetes, cancers etc....You tell me?

I would say that everyone needs someone to smack them in the face and tell them HEY, this is YOUR life here and there are people who NEED you! Get it together, get your head out of your butt, and think of someone other than yourself! You can do this!  And THIS is what my dear friend Nikki has done for me! She has given me a new outlook on life!

Breakfast: cereal
Snack: apple and yogurt, honey and PB
Lunch: sandwhich, carrots
Snack: EAS shake
Dinner: taco salad

No comments:

Post a Comment